Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Young Girl/Old Woman Illusion

This may be one of the dumbest things I have ever seen in my life, not because the picture itself is ridiculously hideous, but because EVERYONE knows about this picture. You could go to anyone in any developed nation and ask, "Hey what do you see in this picture?" and without a doubt that person will say he sees both a young girl AND an old lady. 68% of Americans can't even locate their own country on a map of the world but all of them, without a doubt, see both a young girl and an old lady.

Which begs the question:

Why the heck do people still go around asking others what they see in this picture when it is blatently obvious that everyone has seen this picture hundreds of times? Do these questioners really think others are that dumb? Do they just want some sort of attention?

You may be asking yourself why I am singling out this particular picture, when really I hate the stupid people who ask others what they see in this illusion.

Well, I guess what really makes me hate this picture so much is that fact that deep down, I know I don't have a chance with either the young lady OR the old woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment